3 Aug We have five performances coming up in a head-spinning August so, to freshen up our next gig lists, we'll need to rehearse a few new songs from our Candidates book. We have singalong gigs for two different View Clubs so we will need to bring our iPads in case of unexpected requests. Also, I may not have time to print out all the new songs for the first gig on 7 August so please print out new song sheets if you need to use hardcopy. We will definitely need to share one book between each pair of Buskers because of the tight space at Murphy's Bar & Grill. Our plugged in instrumentalists will need to bring their own amps and we will need a PA with two mics (one condenser for the harmony group and one lead vocal). The 40 or 50 ladies should be able to hear all our unplugged singers and ukers mingling with them in the cosy venue.
26 July Buskers turned up in great numbers to entertain our Blue Haven aged care residents. for more than 45 minutes. George led us with gusto and many of the audience members and staff joined in enthusiastically with our selection of golden oldie songs. I was told that we will feature in their next newsletter.
Archived news ...
- Sun 12 Aug, 10am - Kiama Artisan Food Festival - Kiama Showground SW stage
- Thu 16 Aug, 1:15pm - Dapto View Club, Kembla Grange Golf Club
- Fri 24 Aug, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Sat 25 Aug, 2pm - Combined Probus/Buskers concert, Blue Haven Stage 5
- Wed 12 Sep, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Sun 16 Sep, TBA - Springstrum - Fraternity Club, Fairy Meadow
- Thu 27 Sep, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 19 Oct, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Fri 26 Oct, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
- Tue 20 Nov, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Wed 21 Nov, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Fri 14 Dec, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Thu 20 Dec, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 21 Dec, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
Blowhole Buskers gather each Thursday evening between 7pm and 9pm for singalongs and open microphone performances. New members are welcome. Bring your cup for coffee or tea.
Blue Haven Retirement Village
200 Terralong Street, Kiama
Sue, Mick, Tom, Katie and Noel reside in the Blowhole Buskers' spiritual home. A social group gather each Monday afternoon to enjoy ukulele songs from 2pm. Beginners are welcome.
North Kiama Neighbourhood Centre
28 Meehan Drive, Kiama Downs (Gainsborough Oval)