23 Aug We received many great compliments and thanks from the two View Clubs and from the Kiama Show Society for our three performances so far in August - so well done Buskers! We seem to have built an attractive catalogue of songs now - in the Repertoire book - that our audiences are enjoying and singing along with. Don't forget the Friday Friends gig 24 August followed by our next public gig - our annual joint concert with the Men's Probus choir at Blue Haven. You'll find the song selection on the Songs page along with the Repertoire book that contains all the songs.
Our Monday group has one Monday left to rehearse the 16 songs and some of the Thursday players will be able to help out with the finer points of the music. Everyone may sing the choruses and most of the verses though we are nominating a variety of singers to lead the vocals. We'll do a final rehearsal on Thursday but also try to fit in an open mic session. The selection process for the Springstrum gig on 16 September (to be guided by Connie, Noeline and Bette) is well under way. Robert is already showing promise as Allan's bass guitar understudy so that we might even be game enough to perform his "Runaway" song in his absence.
Archived news ...
- Fri 24 Aug, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Sat 25 Aug, 2pm - Combined Probus/Buskers concert, Blue Haven Stage 5
- Wed 12 Sep, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Sun 16 Sep, TBA - Springstrum - Fraternity Club, Fairy Meadow
- Thu 27 Sep, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 19 Oct, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Fri 26 Oct, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
- Tue 20 Nov, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Wed 21 Nov, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Fri 14 Dec, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Thu 20 Dec, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 21 Dec, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
Blowhole Buskers gather each Thursday evening between 7pm and 9pm for singalongs and open microphone performances. New members are welcome. Bring your cup for coffee or tea.
Blue Haven Retirement Village
200 Terralong Street, Kiama
Sue, Mick, Tom, Katie and Noel reside in the Blowhole Buskers' spiritual home. A social group gather each Monday afternoon to enjoy ukulele songs from 2pm. Beginners are welcome.
North Kiama Neighbourhood Centre
28 Meehan Drive, Kiama Downs (Gainsborough Oval)