*** Check out photos from the Shoalhaven Heads gig on our Photos page ***
21-28 June We've voted on our preferred songs to perform at the Husky Muster on 30 June and I'm pleased to say we are able to included 3 new songs from our candidates book that the audience will not have yet heard from the Buskers, starting with "Love Potion #9" to signal that we have new material. Here's the song list in sequence that indicates who is required to lead on microphone. The Huskisson Bowling Club stage is smaller than the Shoalhaven Heads stage so we will have to allow for one or two rows of Buskers to stand in front of the stage. We can assess the situation on the day - prior to our gig starting at 2:30pm. Here is the stage plan again. Remember to visit the Songs page regularly to check for any minor updates. The 11-song Husky gig book will be available very soon after 21 June, but for now you can rehearse the songs from the Candidates book. Once we all are in possession of a black cover folder with plastic sleeve inserts, we can place paper song sheets in the order of performance for that particular gig. We only have these last two Thursdays to rehearse this list so we will need to assemble in stage formation at the North Kiama Neighbourhood Centre to simulate what will happen at Huskisson. Bring your kazoo, tambourine, shakers, harmonica, whistle, etc.
17-31 May We decide on which 4 Shoalhaven Heads songs to repeat at Huskisson. The remaining 5 songs will include "Worried Man Blues" and 4 others from the Candidate book or from new suggestions. Starting tonight, we will need to seriously workshop suggested songs to then make a final decision during our Thursday 7 June rehearsal. This will leave us 3 Thursdays to hone our stage performance for Husky. Why not declare your new song candidate or demo your new candidate during our open mic session?
Archived news ...
- Wed 27 Jun, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Sat 30 Jun, 2:30pm Husky Muster Ukulele Festival - Huskisson Bowling Club - view the program
- Wed 11 Jul, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Thu 26 Jul, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Thu 7 Aug, 1pm - Dapto View Club, Murphy's Bar & Grill, Unanderra - opposite the end of Farmborough Rd
- Sun 12 Aug, TBA Kiama Artisan Food Festival - The Pavilion, Kiama
- Fri 24 Aug, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Sat 8 Sep, 2pm TBA Combined Probus/Buskers concert, Blue Haven Stage 5
- Wed 12 Sep, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Sun 16 Sep, TBA Springstrum - Fraternity Club, Fairy Meadow
- Thu 27 Sep, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 19 Oct, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Fri 26 Oct, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
- Tue 20 Nov, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Wed 21 Nov, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Fri 14 Dec, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Thu 20 Dec, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 21 Dec, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
North Kiama Neighbourhood Centre
28 Meehan Drive, Kiama Downs (Gainsborough Oval)
Blowhole Buskers gather each Thursday evening between 7pm and 9pm for singalongs and open microphone performances. New members are welcome. Bring your cup for coffee or tea.
Blue Haven Retirement Village
200 Terralong Street, Kiama
Sue, Mick, Tom, Katie and Noel reside in the Blowhole Buskers' spiritual home. A social group gather each Monday afternoon to enjoy ukulele songs from 2pm. Beginners are welcome.