19 July We have three public performances coming up in August so, to freshen up our next gig lists, we'll need to rehearse a few new songs from our Candidates book.
12 July Tom Anderson, our esteemed pianist and Buskers' founding member, announced that he is retiring from the stage after 7.5 years of being our musical heartbeat. The Buskers were born in Tom's garage before moving to the Blue Haven Village Centre where the Monday group still meets. His piano has been integral to the Buskers' sound. As we evolved from novices to become a diverse musical ensemble, Tom was ever-present to support us - from being our metronome and melody lead in the early years to being our piano accompanist who helped create a rich musical sound that is unique among south coast ukulele groups. For Tom's final Thursday night, we embarked on a historical journey by playing a string of Tom's favourites - starting with "You Are My Sunshine" and ending with "Runaway" and Tom's rendition of one of his original ragtime compositions. His piano work will be sadly missed though we are hoping he may make the odd "guest" appearance in future concerts.
Archived news ...
- Thu 26 Jul, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Sun 12 Aug, 10am and 3pm - Kiama Artisan Food Festival - Kiama Showground SW stage
- Thu 16 Aug, 1pm - Dapto View Club, Kembla Grange Golf Club
- Fri 24 Aug, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Sat 25 Aug, 2pm - Combined Probus/Buskers concert, Blue Haven Stage 5
- Wed 12 Sep, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Sun 16 Sep, TBA - Springstrum - Fraternity Club, Fairy Meadow
- Thu 27 Sep, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 19 Oct, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Fri 26 Oct, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
- Tue 20 Nov, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Wed 21 Nov, 10:30am Warrigal Dementia, Albion Park Rail
- Fri 14 Dec, 10:30am Friday Friends - Uniting Church
- Thu 20 Dec, 10:30am Blue Haven
- Fri 21 Dec, 2pm Warrigal Care, Albion Park Rail
North Kiama Neighbourhood Centre
28 Meehan Drive, Kiama Downs (Gainsborough Oval)
Blowhole Buskers gather each Thursday evening between 7pm and 9pm for singalongs and open microphone performances. New members are welcome. Bring your cup for coffee or tea.
Blue Haven Retirement Village
200 Terralong Street, Kiama
Sue, Mick, Tom, Katie and Noel reside in the Blowhole Buskers' spiritual home. A social group gather each Monday afternoon to enjoy ukulele songs from 2pm. Beginners are welcome.